Employment Agency Licence
When setting up an Employment Agency or a Recruitment Agency in Ireland you are required to obtain an Employment Agency licence. Running and opening a recruitment agency in Ireland is subject to certain strict requirements and processes. We can guide you through the process and help you to obtain the licence without any delays.
The recruitment agency license process is described below:
- When you are setting up an Employment Agency in Ireland, you are required to publish a Notice in a National daily Irish Newspaper stating your intention to apply for an employment agency license. The proof or cut out of the page is attached to the application. We help you to advertise the notice in the local newspapers. Nathan Trust has partnered with Irish Newspapers to do the job easily for local and international clients.
- You must then complete an Application Form - including the Vetting Invitation Form (Police/Garda Vetting). The Employment Agency Licence requires the applicant to provide a police clearance certificate from the local police or from the place where the Director is originally from.
- You must also arrange and provide the following documents:
- 2 completed Independent Referee Forms. You require references from two independent referees who are residents in the state and to whom you are well-known. We can assist with this if required.
- Proof of Identity documents – You can provide either a scanned copy of your passport or driving licence to process the recruitment agency licence in Ireland.
- a self-certified Statement that your place of business meets the standards of accommodation that are prescribed by the Employment Agency Act and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- proof that your Business Name has been registered with the Companies Registration Office (CRO). You must provide a copy of your company’s Certificate of Incorporation. We can also help you to set up your company in Ireland.
- a copy of your ‘Statement of Fees’ – these is the fees you intend to charge to employers. A ‘Statement of Fees’ is a statement outlining the fees that you intend to charge clients (i.e. your ‘Terms & Conditions’). We need a copy of your fee structure to ensure that you do not charge the candidate/job seeker a fee. It is illegal to charge the candidate/job seeker a fee solely for agreeing to seek employment under The Employment Agency Act, 1971. You can, of course, structure your client fees at any rate you choose. This scanned copy will be attached to your application when we process it for you.
How long does it take to process an Employment Agency Licence application?
Upon receipt of a new Employment Agency Licence application, the process can take approx. 2-3 weeks.
For how long is an Employment Agency Licence valid?
The licence is valid for one year from its date of issue. When renewing an existing licence, it is recommended that the application should be submitted four weeks before the existing Licence’s expiry date. You can contact our team again to renew your application for another year. The licenses are renewed again on a renewal fee paid to the WRC.
We will send you the renewal form and schedule 4 forms to complete the necessary details prior to proceeding with the application again.
What are the documents required to obtain a recruitment agency license in Ireland?
To obtain a valid employment agency license in Ireland, you may need to complete various steps:
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant. We can assist you in completing the application form
- Application fee payment
- It must include the below attachments:
- One newspaper advertisement cut out from the local newspaper
- Referee form filled and signed by two references
- Company incorporation certificate obtained from CRO
- Police clearance certificate/Garda vetting form
- Statement of fees
- In the case of the businessmen starting a recruitment agency in Ireland who are both foreigners and citizens of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), it is also necessary to provide a photocopy of the passport or a photocopy of the residency card issued in Ireland.
What are the main types of Irish legal entities you can choose to set up a recruitment agency?
The setup process of a recruitment company or agency follows the same rules and regulations applicable to all types of companies in Ireland. It is important to decide what type of entity you want to set up for an Employment agency in Ireland. Businesspersons or entrepreneurs can choose to incorporate an Irish company under the following legal entities:
- A company limited by shares
- Designated activity company
- A company limited by guarantee
- Public limited company
- Unlimited company
- Limited liability partnership
Among all the options listed above, the private limited liability company remains the most appropriate choice for local and international Directors or investors.
Can I hire foreign employees through the new recruitment agency in Ireland?
Yes, Irish recruitment agencies can hire foreign employees or nationals on behalf of local companies, however, you must meet certain specific requirements related to working permits for non-EU citizens. The recruitment agency in Ireland will not be responsible for ensuring work permits (if required) on behalf of the companies, as it will be the responsibility of the company or individual to take care of the work permits.
If you are interested, our experts can help you with any queries.
Can an Employment Agency trade while waiting for a Licence to be considered?
No, it cannot trade until it has its Licence. You must have a valid Employment Agency Licence before you commence trading.
If you are interested in setting up an Employment or Recruitment Agency in Ireland you can contact us using the form below. You may also like to have a look at 21 things you need to know to set up your company in Ireland.
Renewal of Employment Agency Licence
An employment agency licence is valid only for a year from the date of approval of the licence.
If you have a licence that is getting expired, we can help you to renew your old licence to the new one.
We will require these two important documents:
1. Police clearance certificate
2. Existing licence number
Contact our team if you are interested to renew your employment agency licence.